WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
For the first time in 2015, a team other than New Kent took first place in a Bay Rivers District golf match.
On Monday, Jamestown took first place during the fourth regular-season Bay Rivers District match that was played at Ford’s Colony Country Club.
The Eagles took first place after shooting a season-best 306, which bested New Kent by 11 strokes. New Kent’s Parker Wallace carded the best individual score of the day with a one-under 71.
Jamestown was led by Matthew Shield and Andrew Henry who shot season-best scores of one-over 73 and four-over 76, respectively. Triston Buckley shot his best round of the season with a six-over 78, while William Bell was one shot shy of tying his best round of the year with a seven-over 79.
Perhaps the biggest surprise of the day was Grafton, which put together its best round by far this season. The Clippers took home third place with a team score of 328, which was a far cry from their last two scores of 372 and 377.
After shooting a disappointing 94 at Colonial Heritage, Chaz Hoepfner rebounded with a team-best seven-over 79. Also shooting season best scores were Nathan Groner with an eight-over 80, Brennen Strachan with an 11-over 83 and Adam Sanders with a 14-over 86.
Below are the individual and team results from the match:
Parker Wallace, New Kent, 71
1. Jamestown 306: Matthew Shield 73, Andrew Henry 76, Triston Buckley 78, William Bell 79
2. New Kent 317: Parker Wallace 71, Bryce Paige 79, Robb Kinder 80, Cole Baldwin 87
3. Grafton 328: Chaz Hoepfner 79, Nathan Groner 80, Brennan Strachan 83, Adam Sanders 86
T4. Lafayette 335: Tawni Hatcher 76, Jacob Smethurst 82, Jake Clark 88, Preston Ruescher 89
T4. Warhill 335: Bryce Parker 82, Evan Kerr 82, Blake Sawyer 83, Austin Beaulieu 88
6. Smithfield 337: Jacob Smith 80, Doc Riddle 81, Christian Jones 84, Brayden Bird 92
7. Tabb 345: Robert Tulloss 84, Jordan Stetina 86, Alex Overbay 87, Katrina Warren 88
8. Poquoson 378: Keith Lawson 83, Nicole Trombetta 97, Brenton Roy 97, Travis Cianella 101
9. Bruton 381: Sam Carr 85, Jacob Cook 92, Caleb Filicko 98, Dylan Jenkins 106
10. York 397: Tyler Twiggs 89, James Mollenkamp 97, James Steele 98, Walter Buck 113