WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
The City of Williamsburg will kick off its annual road paving projects today.
City Council awarded the $405,791 contract to repave nine streets to Branscome Inc. in March. The cost of the project is covered in the 2014 fiscal year budget.
The following streets will be paved:
- Prince George Street (from Armistead Avenue to Scotland Street)
- Armistead Avenue (from the Transportation Center to Scotland Street)
- Scotland Street (from North Henry Street to Richmond Road)
- North Boundary Street (from Scotland Street to Richmond Road)
- Newport Avenue (from South Henry Street to S. England Street)
- College Terrace
- Dillard Street
- Rolfe Road
- Forest Hill Drive
Each summer the City of Williamsburg sets out to repave several of its streets, creating a priority list based on an annual inspection of all the roads and a review of when streets were last paved.
Much of this summer’s road work is concentrated in the downtown area to complement the reconstruction work along Prince George Street, Public Works and Utilities Director Dan Clayton told the council in March.