Update: York, James City Counties Announce Snow Delays
WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Snow began to fall in the Historic Triangle on Thursday evening. (Nicole Trifone/WYDaily)
Snow started falling in the Historic Triangle on Thursday night, prompting calls for delays Friday morning in anticipation of poor road conditions. Below is a list of delays as of Thursday evening.
If you have weather-related closings, cancellations or postponements please email them to email@example.com and we’ll be sure to include them in our roundup.
If you have a photo to submit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include where and when it was taken.
We will update this list as more information becomes available.
- Williamsburg-James City County Schools will have a two-hour delay.
- Bright Beginnings (PreSchool) and High School GED morning classes are canceled.
- School Emergency Response Team (SERT) members must report at their designated or scheduled time.
- Walsingham Academy is open as of Thursday evening, but early-morning swim practice has been canceled.
- Williamsburg Christian Academy is delayed two hours.
- Thomas Nelson Community College (all campuses) will open at 11 a.m.
- York County School Division will open on a two-hour delay.
- Williamsburg Montessori School will open all programs at 9:30 a.m.
James City County
James City County offices and facilities will open on a two-hour delay. The recreation center will open at 10 a.m.
York County offices will open on a one-hour delay. Courts are closed.